The Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) requires that all aviation industry organisations have a Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) to cover personnel who perform Safety Sensitive Aviation Activities (SSAA). The Regulations require that the Organisation appoint and consult a DAMP medical review officer.
A CASA DAMP Medical Review Officer is a person who meets the following criteria:
At MRO Services Australia our medical professionals meet all CASA MRO requirements.
• Ensuring the integrity and probity of your drug testing process
• Validating the sample chain of custody and contributing to providing for a robust, legally sustainable testing process. Where possible, errors in the chain-of-custody are corrected, preventing the need to re-test
• Reviewing and reporting all abnormal tests. These could be tests that are ‘non-negative’, adulterated or suspicious for any reason
• Ensuring your drug and alcohol program provides fair treatment to all employees by allowing for medical interviews with the sample donor to determine if a legitimate reason exists for the abnormal results
• Protecting the employee’s confidentiality when appropriate, especially where legitimate medical reasons exist when substances are detected
• In safety-sensitive positions, providing feedback to the employer on employee fitness to work, if information becomes available to the MRO during the testing process or donor interview
• Ensure your Drug and Alcohol Management Plan or "DAMP" is compliant with CASA requirements for MRO review